Install iOS 9 on iPhone or iPad Manually using iTunes
The latest and Most secured version of Apple’s operating system for iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch devices, is now available for download.Most of the users are still wandering whether their iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch is eligible for the update, and/ or how you can download iOS 9 on your Apple device, or how to take a backup of all data on your device before you install iOS 9, we are here to help you out and help you to install iOS 9 using itunes.
In case you have determined you’d love to update your i-phone as well as ipad to latest iOS 9, you are able to install iOS 9.0.1 personally by using the iTunes. This firmware is actually more advanced, making it probably best for specific causes, love to deal with your frustratingly unresponsive “Slide to help Upgrade” display, to correct the software. Replace Unsuccessful miscalculation, on account of safe-keeping limits around the goal unit, simply because sometimes it’s only simpler on account of bandwidth constraints, as well as simply because you’re modernizing a number of of the similar units. Whatever the case, we’ll help you with whole process
Take note it will execute a computer software up-date to run iOS 9. 0. 1, it does not execute a clear mount or a unit totally reset.
Requirements to update an iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch to iOS 9 with firmware:
- Download iOS 9.0.1 IPSW firmware from here,
- iTunes 12.3 is strongly recommended due to bundled iOS 9 support, though iTunes 12.2 apparently works too
- USB / lightning cable for the iOS device, and a computer running the latest version of iTunes
Note that you can use iOS 9.0.1, or iOS 9.0 and then update to iOS 9.0.1 after installation is complete. For most users, you’ll want to use iOS 9.0.1 IPSW simply because it’s easier.
It doesn’t matter if iTunes is on a Mac with OS X or a Windows PC, the instructions are almost exactly the same.
Do note this firmware based method is intended for advanced users. The average iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch owner should install the iOS 9 software update through the Settings app in iOS, or through iTunes as usual. Using a firmware file offers little benefit to the average user and simply complicates an otherwise easy update proces
Updating to iOS 9 Manually with Firmware and iTunes
This will update a device running a prior version of iOS to iOS 9, as described here it will perform a software update, it does not restore or reset the device. Nonetheless, always backup before beginning a software update.
- Place the downloaded iOS 9.0.1 firmware file somewhere easy to locate, like the desktop
- Launch iTunes after you have the latest version
- Connect the iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch to the computer with a USB cable
- Select the device in iTunes
- Under the Backups section, either choose iCloud, or choose “Back up to this computer” and select ‘Encrypt iPhone backup’ , then click “Back Up Now” – don’t skip backing up! When finished backing up, continue
- Now you must choose to use an IPSW file by entering an alternate update method:
- For Mac: OPTION + Click on the “Update” button
- For Windows: SHIFT + Click on the ‘Update’ button
- Navigate in the file system to the IPSW file you downloaded and select it
- Confirm that you want to update to iOS 9 by clicking on ‘Update’
- Let the process complete, this can take a little while
iTunes will show a progress bar as it extracts the software from the IPSW file, updates the iPhone / iPad / iPod touch, and then reboots. DO NOT INTERFERE with the device when it is being updated, doing so may mess up the update.
When finished, the iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch will reboot itself automatically and enter the iOS 9 setup screens. You’ll be prompted to pick a six digit passcode, setup Hey Siri, and asked a few other questions. Run through the simple setup, and you’ll be presented with your device that is freshly updated to iOS 9. Enjoy!